Whenever we are in the search of expanding our musical arsenal we look into what freeware there is available out there. One of the most resounding names in all Free VSTi synths is definitely Fuzzpliz Oatmeal. A lot of people actually give too little credit to this powerful synth due to its uniqueness and sound. But there is one feature that reigns supreme in this compact synth…almost like having your oatmeal for breakfast…it’s that good.
So what does this synth have to offer us?
- Skins (You don’t have to be bored with the same old design, the initial installation will give you an ample selection of skins that will lay out the GUI a lot nicer than in its original form. There are also user designed skins that you can get your grubby little hands on)
- 2 Oscillators (Yes you might not be impressed with the 2 oscillators, but what if I told you that you can draw your own customized waveforms? Well the truth is you can, and that makes this synth stand out from the rest because now you can custom tweak any little sound you want, to your liking)
- Basic effects (You get all those basic effects that everyone uses including reverb, delay, chorus, distortion to name a few)
- 5 band EQ (You can get that sound sounding exactly as you want them too with the 5 band EQ)
- 32 voice polyphony and 16 voice chorus
- Low CPU usage
What makes this synth stand out from the rest comes down to two things, its ability to draw waveforms and the fact that it uses low CPU. This means that you can customize your sound to fit your production needs and you will also have the ability to multi-layer the tracks to create even more unique sounds without worrying about your computer crapping out on you.
This synth is definitely one of the highest recommended free synths out there that will take your music production level to new heights. Another fact that makes this synth worthwhile is the huge preset library only trailing slightly after Synth 1. Even though a lot of people think that Synth 1 is the best freeware synth out there, this one surely comes closely in second.
Telling it Truthfully:
Many people are looking for that perfect sound and are willing to spend a lot of money on getting there. But before you go and dish out all of your money on something that “might” work you should definitely experiment with freeware synths because in many cases you can achieve the sound of synths with price tags and you won’t have to spend a single dime.
This synth is definitely something that every DJ or music producer requires in their synth library and with the ability to draw your own waveforms makes this VSTi synth almost indispensable. It doesn’t matter what your music style is, all that matters is obtaining supreme control over the sound that you place into your production. Oatmeal is good for you in real life, it’s healthy. Oatmeal in the world of synths is just like that, it’s a healthy addition to your synth library that will only help you grow in your overall music production quality.